Case Number: 17-1232
Date/Time: 03/03/17 @ 2:43 AM hours
Location: Marin Street/ F Street, Napa
Suspect: Jesus Alberto Gomez, 23 years old, Napa resident
Charges: 664/187(a) PC Fel- Attempted Murder
- 246.3(a)PC Fel- Discharge of Firearm in Grossly Negligent Manner
- 30305(a)PC Fel- Poss of Ammunition by Convicted Felon
- 29800 (a)(1) PC - (1) - Fel - Felon/Addict/Possess Firearm
- 23153 (a) VC - (1) - Fel - DUI Alcohol Causing Bodily Injury
- 186.22 (a) PC - (1) - Fel - Participate in Criminal Street Gang
- 186.22 (b)(1) PC - (1) - Fel - Street Gang Enhancement - Additional Terms
- 20001 (a) VC - (1) - Fel - Hit and Run Resulting in Death or Injury
- 136.1 (a)(1) PC - (1) - Fel - Prevent/Dissuade Victim/Witness
- 25850(a) PC- Fel- Carrying a Loaded Firearm
- 1203.2(a)(1)- Fel (X3) Violation of Probation
- 1203.2(a)(2)- Misd Violation of Probation
- Four local arrest warrants
On 03/03/17 at approximately 2:43 AM Napa Police Department Officers were dispatched to the area of Marin Street and F Street for the report of a vehicle collision. Upon the Officers arrival, two vehicles were located that had been involved in a head on collision. All parties of the vehicles fled prior to police arrival. Two victims were found in the area shortly after the officer’s arrival. They were both the occupants of one of the involved vehicles. The two victims stated they had been chased by the driver of the other vehicle on scene, shot at and intentionally crashed into. The victims reported there were gang related challenges and statements during the incident. The two victims are not known to be gang affiliated.
Detectives from the Napa Police Department Special Enforcement Unit (SEU) and Investigations Unit responded and took over the investigation. Information developed in the investigation led Detectives to a residence in the 100 block of Bryan Avenue. Detectives located Jesus Alberto Gomez at the residence. Gomez was identified by both victims as being the driver and involved in the incident.
Gomez displayed symptoms of alcohol intoxication. He had four local arrest warrants and is on four separate counts of Napa County Probation.
Gomez was placed under arrest and transported to NCDC where he was booked.
This is an on-going investigation and anyone with information can contact Detective Curtis
Madrigal at 707-257-9592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA NOTES: Contact Lt. Brian Campagna at email@example.com for media inquiries.
News Blog Update-
For immediate Media Inquiries, contact:
Capt. Pat Manzer at
or by phone:
Sgt. Scott Holliday,
Homeless Outreach 707-257-9479
Drug Activity Hotline 707-224-3784
Records Bureau 707-257-9281
Napa Police Department
1539 1st Street
Napa, CA 94559-2840
In case of